While protected in your inflatable bubble you will try to score goals. You will play in a designated and marked area. The game is very similar to standard indoor soccer, except that bumping, bouncing, rolling, flipping over and smashing into other players are tactical parts of the game which are actually encouraged.
For more general info about Bubble Soccer take a look at Wellington Indoor Sports’ website.
This event will not be on offer in 2021.
Competition is pool play followed by finals. Winner of each pool and best qualifiers advance to finals.
In pool play, teams are scheduled for a minimum of three matches where possible.
Pool scoring is as follows:
Win= 3 points
Draw= 1 points
Loss= 0 points
Match lengths are as follows:
Round robin games and semi finals – seven minutes per half.
Final – ten minutes per half.
Teams are made up of five players on the court (minimum of one female) and max of one sub per team.
Team composition rules must be complied with. Only organisational/company members and their immediate families and de facto partners are allowed to enter. Strictly no “ring-ins” otherwise your team will be disqualified.
TPU bubble balls provided.
Three sizes available:
Adult (1.80m and 1.50m diameter) or kids (1.20m diameter).
We recommend you bring light gloves to help prevent chafing on hands.
Rules and Regulations
- All sharp or breakable objects worn or in pockets e.g. keys, phone and pointy piercings need to be removed. Piercings that cannot be removed, shall be taped.
- Tell the supervisor if you have problems with the bubble or the harness.
- The player needs to be in the bubble at all times while on the designated game area.
- Don’t jump or land on objects.
- If you are feeling tired, exhausted during the game, suffering any injury or for any other reason that prevents you continuing to play, raise your hand directly in the air and the supervisor will stop the game and assist you.
- No player is allowed to hit another player that has their hand up in the air
Start Times & Draws
A spot in the either the A.M. or P.M. pools may be requested but is not guaranteed.
Draws with start times will be available one week before the day of the event. Changes to draws and start times will only be made in case of a withdrawal.
Event results will be posted on the Business Games website as soon as possible after the event.
Cost per Team:
Check out some Bubble Soccer hits from the 2015 Business Games!
Check out the big Bubble Soccer hits from the 2016 Business Games!
2017 Business Games Bubble Soccer Champions:
2016 Business Games Bubble Soccer Champions:
2015 Business Games Bubble Soccer Champions:
Medical Assurance Society